The frequent use of electrical appliances has initiated the need to promote the protection of individuals and property. This security of an individual is not merely confined in the conventional sense, here it also means safety through the maintenance of the electrical equipment. The electrical appliances are providing regular and continuous service to its user. Consequently, they also require periodic service to perform more efficiently. Moreover, the increasing rate of electrical incidents attributed to the fact that less heed is paid on maintenance of the electric equipment.
The maintenance and repairing of the electrical appliances are crucial for avoiding any disturbance or obstacle during work routine and also to prevent oneself and assets from any catastrophe. In consideration of this requisites, the passage provides a method of maintenance and repairing technique of electrical equipment.
Maintenance of Electric Equipment
Maintenance does not mean to wait for the time when the equipment or appliance goes out of functioning and display fault in its performance. The electronic equipment at home or at workplace demands maintenance by systematic and proper use and so it is a task to be performed on a regular basis. Improper use of appliances can disturb the functioning of the appliances. Few tips are given here for the maintenance of appliances used in daily routine so it can help to increase the performing durability of items.
- Air Conditioner
- Maintain air conditioner by avoiding excessive and unnecessary use in order to prevent it from heating up and overloading.
- The air filter in AC must be cleaned. Do it at least every three months in order to protect the HVAC performance.
- Coils can be clogged due to exposure to dust. This slows down the performance of the AC and consumes more electricity. Cleaning coils periodically maintain performance efficiency and can be helpful to reduce the total electric bill.
- Likewise, keep the condenser tube checked and cleaned. Avoid it from any wreckage in the tube.
- Washing Machine
- In a washing machine, washing minimum load clothes also helps in its maintenance.
- Do not wash thread item which can be stuck in the washer ring.
- After washing clothes, clean the washer drum inside the washing machine to remove any unwanted stuff like thread, pieces of cloth, dirt etc.
- Always keep the cap of washing open for a while after using to dry and vanish the moisture.
The microwave is the subtlest appliance used in the kitchen. Proper care and cautiousness are required:
- Avoid use of metal utensils
- Remove aluminum foil over the food
- Flammable cuisine is also not heated in the microwave to protect inciting the fire
- Do not heat any sealed food otherwise, it can cause the explosion.
- Locate refrigerator at the place where there is air circulation and avoid placing it at heat or high temperature.
- Refrain opening the fridge frequently and unnecessarily.
- Fill gas in the compressor when necessary.
- Maintain a balance to keep food items in the refrigerator, means do not overload it as it can restrict the inside circulation of cold air.
Electronic Equipment Repair
Electronic equipment repairs mean to fix and alter all the electronic devices and appliances available anywhere. Either the equipment used at the small platform like homes or in huge industries all came in reference to electronic repairs. It can also be defined as any device run by use of electricity.
The first method in repairing involves systematic pattern to diagnose the problem, after which the further task of repairing begins. The repairing is performed accordingly to the complaint. However, the following are the most rudimentary procedural step generally applied to repair any device irrespective of the situation.
- Examine the device circuit to analyze if the equipment electric circuit is a charge or not. UL listed devices are used to check the energized circuit of the device to further continue the repairing of the device. For instance, there are few of the following standards of UL to test the devices:
UL 94- used for testing and classifying the flammability of plastic in electric devices, therefore also known as “test for flammability of Plastic Materials for Parts in Devices and Applications”
UL 50- This standard is used for appliances that are planned to use in the non-explosive area
UL 746C- This regulation sets standards for the material to in equipment made up of polymer
- In order to switch off the energized circuit in the device, use a tracer device by locating the power sources to a subpanel or breaker location to place the circuit breaker. Applying this method turn off the circuit of that located device, locked out and tagged out according to the prescription.
- If the device needs to be repaired with the energized electrical circuit, but the electrical circuit breaker is unable to install in the device during repairing. Then a procedure will be followed by keeping in account that the (HOT) electrical circuit does not come in contact with the individual performing the repair as well as with the devices using to repair.
- As the energized circuit recognized in the device, it will be cut off by eliminating it from the junction box, wire links and from other internal connections of the device.
- The energized electrical circuit of the device usually has the wire nut or any other insulated termination is set. For repairs, it is necessary to check and test it to work according to requirements. For instance, if the wire is not as large as the wire nut is, then the performer will have to fold the wire in order to increase its volume. Also, fit the wire nut with the energized circuit or either fold it to the circuit with UL listed electrical rubber and taps in order to protect the individual who is repairing the device to come in contact with the circuit as well as to protect the circuit to come in contact with the device.
- The two technicians are required if the device needs to be repaired in the presence of energized circuit in order to secure another member from electrocution.
- When the repairing is completed, the energized circuit would be reattached to run the device.